Monday 29 September 2014

Swing Seat

I hear topiary is good to burn.

What an incredibly ornate thing
is Gary Glitter. 
He must be an easy target,
with that weird beard.

It's terrifying for them,
his snout suddenly noses in.
Mummy's starlings!
Mummy's darlings.

The blood has dried. 
He was buried like that.
If only the good Dr was here, 
famed for his diagnoses.
You couldn't make that up.
People will play up to you.
To be or not to be, slings and arrows,
Are there pipes?
That is the question.

Upturned canoes? There's two
down there.
And the pimms? And the croquet? 
And the tennis, and the tea and the cakes and the ices?
In a minute.

Maybe an axe?
We've got a new recruit.
I'm good at chopping wood,
You chop wood like you mean it.
You chop wood like you're fencing, 
You wood will pay!

I'd be up for croquet.
I'd be up for a pipe.
I used to have a pipe
I sat on it.
I remember two of my friends,
Fighting over who had a flatter lawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment